Non Discrimination Policy
St. Cloud Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. SCCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, status in regard to public assistance in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, tuition assistance programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
Family Lifestyle Policy
St. Cloud Christian School’s biblical role is to partner with Christian parents to mold students to be Christ-like servant-leaders. On occasion, the atmosphere or conduct within a particular home may be counter or in opposition to clear biblical standards. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, sexual immorality, homosexual sexual orientation, or inability to support the moral principles of the school. In such cases, the school reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student.
Application & Enrollment Fees
A $100 application fee which includes enrollment screening is due before any child is screened. This one-time fee is non-refundable. For each additional child, there will be an additional charge of $50, with a maximum of $200 per family. An Enrollment deposit of $200 is due when one submits a Tuition and Fee Agreement.
Each applicant for Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade will be tested or show documentation to determine whether the program at St. Cloud Christian School can meet his or her needs. While SCCS ministers to students whose achievement ranges throughout the upper 50% of students nationally, the average student achievement at SCCS is in the top 25% nationally. Therefore it is important that students be placed at the level that best meets their needs and preparation. Our desire is that the placement testing process be as thorough as possible so that parents and students are not faced with unanticipated problems after beginning school. Therefore, we require copies of all academic, medical and behavioral records from previous schools, including any IEP’s, ISP’s, or other educational interventions, when available, including other private testing agencies or special medical reports. Provision of these records at the beginning of the admission process will help us avoid delays later on.
These guidelines apply to new and returning students. Students will be enrolled or re-enrolled according to the following order of priority. These priorities apply only after students have been qualified through application, testing, and interview. Returning students are considered qualified unless special academic or behavioral probation applies. 1st Priority: RETURNING STUDENTS
- Students who re-enroll from the previous year provided they register in the “protected” period (before March 15).
2nd Priority: SCCS SIBLING APPLICANTS
- Students who have an SCCS sibling enrolled and attend SCCS.
3rd Priority: OTHER APPLICANTS
- Students who do not have an SCCS sibling and do not attend SCCS
Date of application is only one factor in the admission process and does determine an applicant’s place on the waiting list.
School records or admission data that indicate an academic or behavioral problem will result in the student being admitted provisionally. The conditions of provisional acceptance are designed to assist in making up for weaknesses or gaps in previous learning or to give the student an opportunity to demonstrate positive maturing and acceptable performance. A “provisional” status will involve early evaluation of a child’s ability to cope at the current grade level. The student may need additional testing at a later date, may require additional tutoring, or may be recommended for another year at the same grade level. Any special conditions for admission will be explained to parents carefully and provided in writing. We desire all children admitted to have maximum opportunity for success in our school program.
Enrollment cannot be completed until the school has had the opportunity to evaluate the following items:
1. All new students entering St. Cloud Christian School must have a current medical history, physical examination, allergy information, and inoculation records on file. Health forms and waiver forms are available in the school office.
2. As inoculations or immunizations are updated, the school must be informed via copies of the medical records in order to keep health records current.
3. Preliminary screenings (or documentation of outside screening results) for speech, hearing, vision, scoliosis fine and gross motor skills and language will be required in certain grades. Services may be made available through District 742 Nursing Services.
4. In cases where complete records are not provided, registration may be delayed. Records must be submitted as rapidly as possible before as student can attend school. This is our responsibility under current law. To view the Minnesota School Immunization Law document, click here.