St. Cloud Christian School
Parent Support Team/Room Parents
The Parent Support Team/Room Parent program at SCCS is a key element of our school’s partnership between families and classrooms. The Parent Support Team was put into place to enhance the educational program of SCCS by providing a structure and system through which parents are encouraged and enabled to support our teachers and staff.
Two parents will serve as at each grade level and work with the classroom/homeroom teacher to coordinate parent volunteers that help with activities and events. They will communicate with their classroom/homeroom teacher on a regular basis to discern the needs and actively seek to enlist parents to help with those needs.
Examples of Support Activities:
- Assist teachers with general classroom tasks – flashcards, Bible memory verses, reading book clubs, math facts, etc.
- Recruit drivers for field trips and Warriors Serve projects.
- Coordinate the planning and organization of class parties and events with the teacher.
- Find unique ways to encourage and edify teachers and staff especially on special dates.
- Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas, Teacher Appreciation Week, Year-End
- Monthly prayer and encouragement.
- Organize projects for and encourage participation in school fundraisers.
- Silent Auction
As a reminder, support activities may vary from year-to-year and classroom-to-classroom. With each new year, individual teachers, and group of students, new and different ways to volunteer for your child’s classroom will arise.